Annie here, your blogger for this evening. It was a great show tonight. The house was packed and we could really feel the excitement coming from the audience members. This afternoon we were joined by Joe Melillo from BAM. We are happy to have him here. Poor guy, he was worn out from flying today... we've certainly been there. Today is day FOUR and I'm finally starting to feel a little normal. I remember who I am for the most part, throughout the day.
We held the start time of the show once again, as we did last night, because of the rain. Highlights...gasps from the audience, chuckles and another standing ovation. Many of the dancers who were at our workshops we taught at the Jakarta Art school - IKJ, attended tonight. They were all wide eyed and so enthusiastic after the show. One dancer almost moved me to tears as she tried to explain in words how watching us dance touched her. We had such a lovely experience here. The Salihara Theater is a wonderful venue. It's beautiful and very functional. Only trouble was having the dance floor on cement. Ouchy!We're so lucky though because everyone we've met is so helpful. Jakarta isn't really a place where we can walk around because frankly, there aren't many side walks. Tons of traffic and scooters make walking a scary adventure. Today I saw someone with an empty birdcage strapped to his back while driving his scooter. Anything goes around here. I've also seen small babies (eek!) and large tripods, oh!, and a plank of wood being carried on a scooter. It's quite amazing how it all just happens.
-Annie: up way too late in the name of blogging




nice performance
ReplyDelete