Feb 18, 2010

Travel Tips by ODC

As we passed the midway mark of our tour, we felt it important to acknowledge some of our achievements in the realm of traveling. As we get further into the tour, the hotel rooms begin looking like laundry mats and we get faster and faster at packing up suitcases and collecting shoes and costumes. We also get creative. For instance, you need to dry your clothes but don't have a wire, Vanessa and Yayoi hung dental floss around their bathroom as a clothes line. Don't have time to wait for clothes to dry, Quilet hangs her clothes on lamps. I realized early on that I forgot to bring a belt, so I am currently using a thick string from the hotel laundry bag. The only element we have not conquered is the infamous keycard to move the elevator. We first encountered the need to swipe a key card to make the elevator move in Jakarta. This lead to Annie and Quilet getting stuck in the stairwell and me being sent to the lobby, greeted by a man in a uniform. Now, almost at the end of our tour, we have met an even greater match. Our current elevator requires you to be so fast at swiping your keycard and selecting the floor, that unless you have the reflexes of Bruce Lee, you will probably be sent thirty floors out of your way for not being fast enough. Hmm ... I think I'm tired right now. Time for Bed!
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think.