Mar 10, 2010

Ronald K. Brown and EVIDENCE are invited to Youssou N'Dour's rehearsal

February 18, 2010

I had read that Youssou N'dour would perform at his club in Dakar, usually after midnite. I asked Aminata (our Program Assistant to the Cultural Affairs Officer) to check to see if he would be performing during our trip. One day on the tour bus she was speaking to him, or his manager, and Youssou asked "...is Brown here, I would like to meet him."

EVIDENCE and Cultural Affairs officers with Youssou N'Dour

She asked me if I was interested in meeting him, and I could barely contain myself. The week had already been full and wonderful and going to his club, talking and watching him rehearse was incredible.

Ron Brown and Youssou N'Dour

Humbled, grateful and inspired, forever.

Ronald K. Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think.