Mar 3, 2010

UBW: La felicidad en Caracas

¡HOLA GENTE! ¡QUE TAL!

I am Catherine Denecy, member of Urban Bush Women. I have the pleasure of sharing with you what's happening for us during the amazing journey we started yesterday.

Destination : South America (Venezuela, Colombia and Brazil)

So here we are! Caracas, Venezuela, finishing the first day (March 2), and let me tell you, WHAT A DAY! I haven't had that much fun and excitement packed in only 12 hours in a long time!

We made our first visit to USB (Universidad Simon Bolivar). We walked around campus, had the honor of meeting with the president of the university and had our first exchange with the students, and that was so much fun!

I was so glad to see how the students were willing to participate and learn from us with open hearts, and also share with us their own experiences.

I am from the Caribbean (Guadeloupe) and over there people like to dance, but not as much as here! Boys, girls, shy or not, tired or not, once we asked them to join us on stage, up on their feet they were. When that happened I remember thinking "I'm gonna like it here!" :-)


The big winner of the day was ... the sun!!! yes! yes!

For us it has literally been like going from winter to summer overnight (fastest spring in history!) and boy we're enjoying it! I know I am probably making it up, but I think i got a tan already, at least I like to think so. :-)

Really, the weather got us all in the "don't worry be happy" state of mind. You can see for yourself by the picture.


But of course it gets hot, so we're learning how to take it slow and let go of our New York pace. I am sure none of us mind that.

Talking about taking it slow... we made quite an interesting encounter today.

On our way out of the house where we met the president of the university, we saw a sloth! I had never seen one and I have to say, I liked him a lot!

Everybody surrounded him worrying, thinking he was hurt because he was not moving, but no no, he was just chilling! loll! Taking it in slow, enjoying his day. Can you see him smiling for the camera ?!


I am about to act just like him and go to bed.

Thanks for reading. :-)

Cath

1 comment:

  1. ¡¡Hola Cath!! ¡Qué tal! xD

    This is Bernardo, from MUGA, the Venezuelan traditional dance group =D
    I can't belive that you girls are leaving already...

    I'm reading the post and all I can think of is HOW FUN was sharing these two days with you. Again and again I have to say it: It was an EXTRAORDINARY EXPERIENCE!! Thank you girls very much!! And I'm sure that some day, some time, when I get the chance to see the UBW show, I won't doubt it, not for a second, the ticket will magically appear on my pocket.

    I'm glad you enjoyed the weather, the sun, and the sluth! xD It's so funny the way you describe it! They rarely move, and if they do they take forever!! hehehe.

    Well, I guess this is a, hope to see you soon again! And many thanks for everything...

    Keep the joy! And have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think.